1.10.2011

Icebox Cake- Mmmm

I love desserts.  I love everything about them- eating them, trying new ones, tweaking old ones, etc.  Well, this past weekend I wanted to find an easy dessert that is light but doesn't compromise taste.  Dan suggested ice cream sandwiches (really ice cream in between chocolate chip cookies), and that reminded me of a dessert my mom made a couple Christmas' ago!  Immediately I typed in chocolate wafers and cream into google, and up popped numerous icebox cake desserts (I had no idea that was their name!).  While I found many recipes (Smitten Kitchen even made their own wafers!)  the easiest recipes used Nabisco Chocolate Wafers.  How convenient that Nabisco is owned by Kraft and my husband works there :)  He went down to his Kraft grocery store (yes they have a grocery store where he works and they give great deals on Kraft products :) and bought 3 packages of them!  And came up with these:
 This is a dessert you honestly cannot mess up.  You can tell mine were made quickly- I have about 10 of these in our fridge right now (lets just say next time I won't be buying the large carton of whipping cream) and I made them in less than 15 minutes.  Just beat about 2 cups of whipping cream, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, and a couple tablespoons of powdered sugar (until desired sweetness).  Beat until stiff, and put between wafers.  I recommend refrigerating over night because then you give the cream and wafers plenty of time to "mesh" together, but we dug in about 4 hours later and they still tasted SO good.   I love chocolate.  Enjoy :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment