1.24.2011

Back to the grind...

The holidays are officially over and Dan and I find ourselves immersed in a new semester of classes, crazy work schedules, and trying to survive the bitter Chicago cold.  For Dan, these next three months are crazy in compensation.  For me, we have 2 big Sneak Preview events within 3 weeks of each other.  Even with one down, I still feel the pressure of the next one coming up!  But, since being back we've gotten to hang out with friends, sadly watch the Bears lose to the Packers (reallly I just want my city to be happy), watch the Steelers beat the Jets (yay Pittsburgh- I was born there so I am allowed to cheer for them lol), get new smart phones (which is SUPER exciting for us- especially for Dan who was using a Wal Mart pay as you go phone lol) and new(er) couches!

I actually wasn't planning on showing "before and after" pictures but my co workers were thinking about taking our old couches so I took pictures for them!

Before....
My parents actually bought them when they were first married!  They actually weren't in terrible condition- I caught a glimpse of the volunteers sitting on it at Goodwill when we dropped it off :) (Annnd that was an adventure getting those there in my Hyundai Tuscon!)  They were in our "living room" in our house back in Hudson and we didn't go in there too often so my parents kept them in great condition- AND they provided tons of seating.  But, when my friend Becca texted me saying her in laws were getting rid of their couches and they were in good condition, we decided to go for it!
We bought slip covers for them because the floral pattern didn't match our room too well 
I absolutely adore this pillow- we got all of them at Target for $15! That's unheard of for pillows!! (the brown were 2 for $8!)


Unfortunately, the larger sofa didn't fit in the elevator so Dan and our friend Jon (who provided his truck for us to get it back to our apartment) had to carry it up 5 flights of stairs!!! Poor guys :/  But they did it- I was very impressed :)  Too bad we will have to move again this summer - and we will carry it right back down those 5 flights of stairs lol

Hope your week is off to a good start :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment