1.12.2011

More on this later

Another wonderful book (that I am happy to say I finished before classes started TODAY!) is Ed Welch's book "When people are BIG and God is small"  So many people have recommended this book to me the past year but with classes I haven't had time to read it so I was thrilled when Dan got it for me for Christmas.  Here's a preview into the book:

"We spend too much time wondering what others may have thought about our outfit or the comment we made in the small group meeting.  We see opportunities to testify about Christ, but we avoid them.  We are more concerned about looking stupid (a fear of people) than we are about acting sinfully (fear of the Lord)."

"This is one of the great blessings of the fear of the Lord.  We think less often about ourselves.  When a heart is being filled with the greatness of God, there is less room for the question, 'What are people going to think of me?' "

0 comments:

Post a Comment