1.28.2014

Some pictures of life lately

I've been lacking in posts, but it's for good reasons :) My mom came into town last week!  Although her flight was cancelled and she had to wait in the airport all day on Tuesday to get on a standby flight, she arrived in Syracuse and it was SO nice having her here.  I did some painting, we went out to lunch, Dan and I got in a couple date nights, and we took them (my dad got into town late Friday) to our new favorite restaurant in Binghamton.  Oh, and did I mention that Jake got me sick, then I proceeded to pass that onto my mom and then my dad woke up with it Sunday morning?  Talk about cabin fever.  I still can't believe Dan didn't get it.  He must be superhuman.  

And minutes before they left Jake managed to open the bottle of Dayquil and thought it would be a good idea to pour the thick, orange syrup into the two little plastic cups sitting there because he saw my mom do it when she took the medicine earlier.  And he didn't just stop there, he poured it all over himself and the carpet until he got out every. last. drop.  Good times.  And that stuff is SUPER orange and dyed his feet and my hands orange... it makes you wonder what that does inside your body!  (but whatever it is, it works)  Anyway, I actually didn't take too many pictures while they were here because we just hung out and caught up and played mad gab.. I forgot what a great game that was :) 

These are some pictures I took of Jake and I just hanging out a couple weeks ago.  It's been snowy and cold so we hang out a lot inside.. and sometimes watch more than one episode of Blues Clues in a row.... needless to say it's easy for me to long for winter to be over.  To complain about how we're inside all day and how our life at times can seem like the movie "Ground Hog's Day" (but for real.. sometimes it does :) ) However right now I'm reading this book called Glimpses of Grace and in it the author, Gloria Furman, talks about her "mundane life" and she mentioned that, "If God doesn't rule your mundane, then he doesn't rule you.. because that's where you live..." then she proceeded to say, "The opportunity for growth in holiness lies right in front of your face- sitting in the tepid dishwasher, feting in the laundry basket, at your crowded dinner table..."

It is such a great reminder for me that God uses every single moment of my day to grow me into a better mom, wife, and Christian- one that can be used by Him and be a light for Him wherever I go.  Nothing about my life is mundane or useless or without purpose.  Such a good good reminder :)

I saw this idea on Pinterest and punched holes in our Christmas cards and now display them on our buffet table :)
The view outside our window :)








Jake was watching Blues Clues... can you tell? ha








0 comments:

Post a Comment