1.17.2014

Indoor Water Park fun

If I'm being perfectly honest, I knew January in New York would be tough.  I'm pretty extroverted so I get a lot of my energy from people, and although Jake is with me and I'm technically not alone all day, it's not the same as the event planning job I had previously.  I mean I love Jake, but most of our conversations these days involve Jake pointing at things in the house and saying "dadda" or "mamma" depending on who uses what he's pointing at.  It's adorable, but doesn't provide much conversation if you know what I mean :)

In the summer the days went by so much faster when we could just walk up to the park or head out and get some ice cream, but with the polar vortex and snow, there hasn't been too much time to get outside (nor have we wanted to!)  However, believe it or not- there are many places to go here in Binghamton and we regularly hit up the library, Barnes and Noble, Dunkin Donuts, and even Wegmens and the occasional trip to Target counts as a fun outing for us :)  So, we may need to get creative, but we do have opportunities to get out and for that I am SO thankful.

And on top of all the activities listed above, my friend Jackie found an indoor water park that was having a one day discount on admission just 30 minutes from here!  I purchased them immediately, and although Jake was cautious when we first arrived, he played his little heart out once he got in the pool for almost 3 hours straight!  And it completely wore. him. out.  Whoever invented indoor water parks was a genius.

Here are some pics :)







They had swings in the water :) so fun.
Caroline- isn't she the cutest?
Some day when our family is in town Dan and I may need to go on a weekend getaway to this lodge- it was BEAUTIFUL. And totally made me wish that I skiied :)




the fountains were a hit


Caroline's face was SO fun to capture- she absolutely LOVED the slide!







Jackie's mom came to help and got us lunch :)  It was such a treat for us to get out for the day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment