11.25.2013

Christmas time.. is here.

I probably should have posted this literally a month ago because that is when I busted out Michael Buble's Christmas CD and days later, when we had our first snow, I got out all of our Christmas decorations.  We really don't have any "real" Christmas decorations.  This year we invested in some stockings, but for the most part they consist of stuffed animals that I / we have gotten as gifts over the year.  Hardly the "pottery barn" vision I am going for but over the years I'm sure we'll gather little things here and there :)  And this year our big purchase was stockings.  Pottery Barn kids had some great deals and we got our names engraved in them and I LOVE them.  Dan questioned why I got owls for Jake.. but really, I don't see the problem.  Even when he's 15 he is still going to love cute baby owls, right?  ;)

This year we got an advent calendar from Naptime Diaries and I also ordered a Random Acts of Kindness Calendar from Emily Ley.  I know Jake is young and really has no idea what is going on yet, but I am excited to start these traditions now and I know in the next few years he will start to understand a little bit more.  And really, I don't think I give the kid the benefit of the doubt.. I think he picks up on MUCH more than it appears sometimes :)

So, here are a couple pictures of our decorations!  We wanted to put up the tree last night but some snow on our way back from New Hampshire made our trip a little bit longer than we planned.  So hopefully next weekend we will!

untitled-23
untitled-22
untitled-28
untitled-25
untitled-24
untitled-21
untitled-20
untitled-18
untitled-16
untitled-14
untitled-12
untitled-8
untitled-6
untitled-4
untitled-1
untitled-2
untitled-30
untitled-31

1 comments:

  1. I ordered monogrammed PB stockings last night! Except ours are the traditional velvet :)

    ReplyDelete