11.17.2013

A getaway to Ohio

I call our trip to Ohio a getaway because Dan and I got in TWO date nights alone.  That's more than we've had during our whole 4 months in New York!  My friend Cassie and I keep saying that we need to just go out after our kids are down at 7:30 and one of us will come over and just sit on the couch.  It was so fun to go out for a wedding and go out for my birthday just the two of us so hopefully we can do that more here :)

Dan had a conference in Chicago and while it would have been fun to tag along, spending money on plane tickets (last minute) didn't seem smart with Christmas coming up.  So, since we were in Ohio for a wedding (will show a couple pics later :) ) Jake and I just stayed there for the week while Dan was gone.  It was really nice to hang out with my mom and dad and just have another person to watch Jake while I showered and went on runs and my mom even watched him while I wandered over to Starbucks for a couple hours one morning to read :) It was a nice change of pace for a week! 

So, here are the first couple pics from the weekend.  We got to see Aunt Beth a couple days (she watched Jake while we went to our wedding) and visited her at the zoo (where she works!)  And she gave us a little behind the scenes tour.  We have a feeling Beth will be one of Jake's favorites when he gets older and understands how cool it is that he gets his own personal tour of some pretty neat animals!

untitled-64
We think this was a flying squirrel.. we can't remember haha
untitled-70
untitled-69
untitled-63
An armadillo :)
untitled-62
Jake's not sure about it...
untitled-61
An owl!!
untitled-58
untitled-57
untitled-56
untitled-53
untitled-48
We went to a playground in Hudson for a bit
untitled-47
untitled-45
untitled-44
untitled-43
untitled-40
Hope you had a wonderful weekend :)

1 comments: