8.13.2013

A little bit of everything

Thanks for bearing with me as I put up every single one of our vacation pictures.  I wanted you to feel like you didn't miss a second of our full 7 days in Florida... which after the 50 pictures I posted, I'm sure you didn't ;) So I'll spare you our PGA tour pictures and a story of one of my most embarrassing moments to date in my life until next time.  Oh yes. Get excited.

Life since vacation has been spent mostly getting little things done around our house.  We are trying to explore the city of Binghamton but working on maintaining a delicate balance of work vs. fun. While the boxes are emptied, things like putting up pictures and mirrors and yard work are still on our to do list... and the dreaded painting.  We've been avoiding that one.  Painting with a little guy running around can be very difficult.  Oh and we found mold in our basement.  Even though our previous owner spent $3500 getting rid of it two months ago. oye.

Recently though, I have been reading some encouraging blogs which has gotten me thinking about how much I really enjoy being apart of the "blogging community."  Although you don't need a record of blog posts written down to make your life significant, there is something so encouraging about getting a small window into the lives of other moms and how they run their family, seek the Lord, and just have fun with their kids.  I know the internet can be an idol and keep us from doing important things, but recently I have found it to be a huge encouragement to me while I've been out here in NY without much community.  These have been my favorite "newer" ones that I've been checking out recently:

http://www.carissagraham.com/

http://www.wifeysinger.com/

http://www.theflourishblog.com/

http://www.shortstopblog.com/

Along those lines God's been teaching me about thankfulness... again.  A while back I posted about how I was going through One Thousand Gifts and now as I'm memorizing James the verse where he says,

 "every good and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change"

has been really encouraging.  And I was reading Psalm 104 where God reminded me that
 
"He causes the grass to grow for the livestock
and plants for man to cultivate,
that he may bring forth food from the earth
and wine to gladden the heart of man,
oil to make his face shine
and bread to strengthen man's heart."
 
Everything is from Him and for His glory.  And He gives us such good gifts- even in this fallen and broken world there are glimpses of His good gifts everywhere and I am trying to be more mindful of them and pointing them out to Jake in the process.

Hope you have a wonderful start to your week :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment