8.07.2013

Captiva: Our first couple days

I have to admit I was a little nervous taking Jake to the beach.  The beach to me has always meant relaxation.  Sleeping in, going on morning runs, reading tons of books, falling asleep on the beach... and at the pool...  To put it simply... it's all about me and what I want to do.  If there's anything I've learned in the past 14 months, it's that being a mom is anything but sitting around wandering what I want to do.  That's definitely not a bad thing, it's just different.  So I knew that our first trip to the beach would be just that: different.  And honestly it went better than I imagined.  Obviously there was my mom who was willing to watch Jake every morning while I went on a run, and  5 other sets of eyes able to watch him as he inched closer to the edge of the pool, but it was so fun to watch him take it all in.  He's at this stage where everything is new.  The birds, the waves, the sea shells.  It was so fun for me to have a fresh new view of the ocean and to see all the little intricacies that I take for granted through his little eyes.  And he's understanding more things every day.  Just yesterday I told him we needed to get his shoes before we could go on a walk, and in an instant he grabbed my hand and walked me over to the closet and started pulling on the door knob- he knew where his shoes were.  I have a feeling this kid knows much more than I give him credit for.  Anyway, it made this trip that much more fun.  Sure it wasn't my typical beach trip that I went on with my family in college, but it was even more fun to watch Jake for the first time take it all in. 

CSC_6742
CSC_6744
CSC_6811
We did a date night :)
DSC_6535
DSC_6537
I love all these laughing pics with Uncle Jon!
DSC_6588
DSC_6601
Uncle Jon did Jakes hair lol
DSC_6633
DSC_6642
Jake LOVES being chased. Everywhere.
DSC_6654
DSC_6653
DSC_6763
We played fish bowl almost every night.  Look at how excited everyone looks :) But seriously it was really fun.
DSC_6786
DSC_6780

0 comments:

Post a Comment