2.14.2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  I survived my busy work week, thankfully.  I wish I could say that this weekend was spent recovering but there wasn't too much of that ... yet (that will be next weekend!).  But with that being said, I wouldn't take back anything we did this weekend!  Friday I got to meet up with some wonderful girls from a previous Bible Study, Saturday I did have to work but it was putting together a scavenger hunt for a group of Jr. High students so it was "fun work," then Saturday night we were able to catch up with some other friends, Becca and Rachael and their husbands.  And, I was able to enjoy the WARM (38 degree) weather during a run on Saturday and Sunday- I actually started sweating.  Something I haven't done on a run since the marathon in October lol

When I finally got the energy on Sunday night to pull myself away from the movie "School of Rock" (not because it was good- although I do find Jack Black entertaining at times- but because it was the only thing on t.v. and I was being lazy lol) I decided to try a new recipe.  I've made stir fry before, but when Lauren (my friend and mentor in college who is on Staff with Campus Crusade for Christ in Rome) posted this recipe I knew I had to try it!  Unfortunately, I couldn't find any peanut oil (which was the whole focus of the recipe!) but I used some peanut sauce and *think* that gave it a similar flavor.  Most stir fry's I make a super spicy but this one wasn't, and it was a nice change (especially for Dan lol)- I would definitely recommend it!

As far as Valentine's day goes for us, we are going to move our celebration to next weekend.  Dan and I normally don't do much for Valentine's Day- mostly using our tight budget as an excuse.  But this year I told Dan I really wanted to do something- we used to do cute, inexpensive things for each other when we dated in high school and college but with school and work, we've both gotten a little lazy in that area of our relationship :) What a better excuse than use Valentine's Day to do something special for each other?!  If you're looking for (last minute) ideas, there were some really sweet things posted here :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment