2.09.2011

Another crazy week...

Remember almost two weeks ago when I said that I get super self absorbed around "Sneak Preview Time" at work?  Wellllll, we have another one this Thursday.  And there's about 90 students coming.  For most of you that number means absolutely nothing, but for me that number is huuuuge.  We normally average between 30 and 50 students.  So maybe that helps put that into perspective?

Anyway, that means this week is pretty intense.  Lots of working.  Lots of staring at spreadsheets.  Lots of rushed last minute registrations.  Lots of pressure.  And lots of basically everything :) But, there is something that I LOVE about planning events.  The details, watching everything come together, hosting families on campus, the joy of "appearing" like this event is no big deal, when my staff knows how much work went into everything behind the scenes, and the excitement of seeing the entire campus come together to show what God is doing at Trinity.  I actually enjoy hearing the speakers talk about the changed lives at Trinity- it's easy for me to get wrapped up in my little detail oriented world and forget the big picture.

But, like I said these are the days when God goes right out the window.  I start my day with my mind racing with what I have to do, and that's just about how I end my day!  But, this past week as I was reading through Isaiah (a verse Pastor James talked about on Sunday) I found some encouragement for this week.  While my "scorched place" may seem trivial to some, it can feel pretty dry when I'm in it.  I hope it's an encouragement for you no matter where you're at this week :)

And the Lord will guide you continually
and satisfy your desire in scorched places
and make your bones STRONG;
and you shall be like a watered garden, 
like a spring of water
whose waters do not fail.
- Isaiah 58:11
Happy Wednesday :)

2 comments:

  1. I came across your blog somehow, I think on facebook, and have enjoyed reading it. I was in some of your management classes senior year! Anyways, its awesome to see what God is doing in your lives. And I think you should consider running your next marathon with Team World Vision. There is an awesome training group in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you commented!! We actually did run for World Vision but we didn't train with them, but it sounds like we should have! Did you run the Chicago Marathon with them?! We actually passed a lot of the training goups on our Saturday morning runs!

    ReplyDelete