7.26.2010

Death is not Dying

This weekend we were back in Ohio to celebrate more wedding festivities! While there was a lot of driving involved and family and friends to see, I couldn't help but be captivated by a particular person that I met- Kylie's Aunt Vicky. Kylie has talked about her a lot and the impact she has made on her life, but man, have you ever met one of those people that are just totally living their life not for this world? Or someone who radiates a humble and thankful spirit? This was Kylie's Aunt Vicky. You can identify these people right away because they are so not like this world. Meeting people like that puts life back in perspective. They remind me WHO really makes us beautiful and what this life is really all about.

Another person really impacted me this weekend. Her name is Rachel. Unfortunately, she died a year ago, so I didn't get a chance to meet her. But, I am very thankful that Moody radio decided to air a talk that Rachel gave 4 months before she died (last March). As I was driving to meet Dan on Friday, K Love was playing their usual reruns so I was flipping through the radio to find something worth listening to when I landed on Moody radio that was airing a talk that Rachel was giving to her church. Since I caught it half way through, I decided to listen to the rest of it this morning. Diagnosed with bone cancer at 37 years old, she was told she had about 6 weeks to live. Her church asked her to give a talk to about 40 women, but 600 ended up coming to hear what she had to say. Her boldness to share the gospel and talk about eternity amidst leaving her husband and two small children behind was one of the most impactful talks I have heard in a while. If you have some time I would highly recommend listening to it here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment