7.07.2010

2 years, 730 days, 17,520 hours, 1,051,200 minutes.

That is how long Dan has put up being married to me. It's crazy to think that it has been 2 full years since our wedding day. I'm sure I'll look back in 20 years and think that 2 years is nothing, but when I think back to that day there are SO many memories it's hard to just pick a couple. 15 girls camping out in our basement. Pulling over on the side of the road to watch the fireworks. Praying it wouldn't rain because every Saturday before our wedding day it poured. Trying not to freak out that 250 people were traveling to Hudson, Ohio all to watch us make this commitment. I'm nervous just thinking about it lol But, I would have to say I am not the same person I was two years ago, and I attribute much of it to our marriage. Here's just a couple things I've learned:
  • Yes, Dan really does smile all the time.
  • Steve Nash gets injured almost every time the Suns play.
  • The Florida Gators aren't as bad as I thought... I can't believe I just typed that.
  • I'm a lot more stubborn than I realized... having someone around to call you out on your faults is a great and bad thing.
  • I live to eat, Dan eats to live.
  • I am the best wife I can be when I am most right with God. Our marriage is directly tied to our relationship with God.
  • Marriage really is all about serving- when he's putting my needs first and I'm putting his needs first, we don't have to selfishly worry about our own individual needs.
  • Dan likes his Jeep Cherokee a lot more than I realized.
  • Learn your love languages, it will really help you understand your spouse.
  • I am SO thankful to have a husband who could care less about material things. Example: I told Dan at the end of the month that he still had his "spending money" left to spend. He told me to just give it to the Persecuted Church. I spent mine on clothes. Awesome.
  • With that being said, our marriage has pushed me to think about others more than myself. Like the persecuted church.
  • Dan is really good with Jr High kids.
  • I really like having someone around all the time to rub my back.
  • Dan is horrible at imitating accents... and so am I lol (my favorite is his Irish Pirate.. ask him about it :)
  • I am SO thankful to have a husband I can laugh with- and make fun of myself with!
  • I love being with someone who trusts me and isn't afraid of trying new things- like having me cut his hair.
  • You really can change someone's taste buds in the course of 2 years- just put Sirachi sauce on everything lol
  • It's really nice to have a running partner.
  • Lastly what have I learned? That I love being married to a Godly, wonderful, selfless guy, who loves me more than anything. And it doesn't hurt that he's really attractive.. :)

Onto year three!

2 comments:

  1. adorable! and happy anniversary! miss you Stef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed with sissy mari. love you guys more than you'll ever know! what a special and encouraging example you two are to all of us :) love you guys xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete