7.22.2016

Fathers Day, haircuts, and enjoying summer

I don't think I've blogged this much since Cole was born!  I know my mom is very happy ;) Love you, mom!  This month has been a lot of fun.  We visited my brother in West lafayette for Father's Day and they had a new baby, Anthony!! And they were so sweet to ask me to take photos for them.  Newborn sessions are becoming a favorite of mine- it's so fun to capture all their little toes and facial expressions.  It was a hot weekend so we spent some time at my sister in law's sister's house (follow that? lol).  They have SUCH a wonderful back yard and the kids splashed around in the pool and ran around - they had so much fun!  We should have brought Cole's swimsuit because he was hot in the shade so we started stripping him down to his diaper lol  

Then, Dan convinced Jake to let me give him a buzz cut.  I was totally shocked- I thought for sure he would say no but he was really excited about it.  And we "surprised" Dan when he came home from work :)  I think for the next week Jake kept staring at himself in the mirror because he thought he looked "so good." haha  

A couple weeks ago Jake went to church camp- every day for 3 hours!  I thought for sure it would be kind of hard on him but he did so great!  He's never been away from me for that long but clearly he is ready.  He wanted to stay all day- so maybe next year I will sign him up for that!  It was so cute hearing all the games they played, the things he made, the verses he memorized, and the songs he learned. And the teachers reached out to us with some pictures and a little recap of some cute things the kids did (Jake specifically for me) which was so so nice!  It's fun to see him slowly start to branch out... and a little scary lol  But what a better place to start than church camp, right?!  It's been a great start to the summer :)



































SaveSaveSaveSave

0 comments:

Post a Comment