1.10.2015

Songs during a season of Waiting

A couple years ago my heart went out to a fellow Miami alum who lost two of our daughters within hours of being born.  She showed so much courage as she shared her story across social media and walked with God through all the pain, and something that truly touched me was how she made a playlist for each of her daughters.  It got me thinking about how there are particular songs that have really encouraged me through our season of waiting and infertility and I wanted to share them with you in hopes that they will do the same :)

"I want to cultivate a deep sense of 
gratitude
groundedness
enough
even while I'm longing for something more
I'm practicing believing that God 
knows more than I know, 
sees what I can't, 
that He's weaving a future I can't even imagine.
{from where I sit this morning}"
:: Shauna Niequist, Bread and Wine ::















2 comments:

  1. I just read through the stories of the two baby girls and wept the entire time. Wow. So impactful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know she seriously showed so much grace and strength in the Lord through both losses.

    ReplyDelete