3.21.2014

Our Chicago trip and some gymnastics

So when we were in Chicago I did exactly what I did last time, but worse.  I took zero pictures of anyone, but Jake.  One morning the sun was just so pretty and Jake and I were hanging out at our friend's house so I busted out my camera, and that was it.  It makes me sad because I love capturing moments, but as was last time, there were just so many great conversations and things to catch up on that I didn't ever feel the need to get it out.  Maybe next time I need a game plan- like I'll take one picture of a friend each time I hang out with them.  I know we'll be back in the summer.. so hopefully I'll remember this :)

Anyway, we were there because Dan needed to be in Chicago for a work trip.  It's always wonderful and hard because you want to see everyone you possibly can, but I'm also dealing with an almost two year old who's schedule is normally good until you take him on a trip.  And really, what loving friend lets their child cry it out when they wake up at 2am because they are in a pack n play and in a place they don't recognize?  Yeah, not many people. Especially when the hosts have to get up at 6am for work.  So anyway, we were a little sleep deprived because Jake was kicking us in our bed as he tossed and turned, but it was so worth it.  We visited our old Bible study, had a girls night, and even got away kid free to go out to eat at a restaurant.  It was a- mazing.  Oh, and I purchased 3 Anthropologie candles.  Oh how I love that store and their candles.  It's probably better for our budget that we don't live near Woodfield mall anymore.

Anyway, when we got back this past week we went to basically an open gym for kids.  It's a gym that "real" gymnasts use and they open it up for parents and kids for an hour once a week.  I'm actually really sad I didn't know about this place last November.  Jake was literally sweating from running around so much.  I wish I had a camera of him on the trampoline because he was hilarious.  He's such a cautious kid - while every other child is bouncing up and down smiling he was very timid and would only run back and forth on it with his arms pumping furiously with a very serious look.  No bouncing for our little man.  But he had a blast so if that's what makes him happy, it makes me happy :) 

So that's life so far.  We are going to venture into renovating our carpeted bathroom and hopefully put the finishing touches on Jake's playroom this weekend! Yay!  Can't wait to show you guys how it all turns out!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

PS: if you're looking for some new worship music, check out the new Vertical Church CD.  Our friends gave us theirs and it is A- mazing.





this is Jake waving goodbye :)






Jake was saying "basketball" here.  Even though we have a basketball hoop at home that was his favorite thing to do lol





0 comments:

Post a Comment