3.04.2014

Fashion, decorating, and God

I'm resisting every urge in me this week to complain about the weather.  As most of you Northerners know, this is when it really gets tough.  This is when Dan and I contemplate spending the rest of our life savings on an extravagant trip to Mexico for a month, just to see some sunshine and feel the warmth of it on our faces.  And obviously this winter has been pretty brutal.  At this point 35 and sunny would be a-mazing. 

So no, we're not planning any extravagant trips to warm weather, but we have booked some flights to see friends and family in the next couple months which is really exciting :)  And my mom is coming into town this week which means I can go to Target and Home Goods and actually look at fragile items without worrying if Jake is going to pick it up or knock it over (the frame aisle in Target is dangerous territory for us) - it is SO helpful when she is here!  I'm excited to post pictures of the new additions to the play room I hope to make this week.  Here are some decorating ideas I like and some other fun things I found while browsing my blogs these past couple weeks :)

Chalkboard paint.  To do just part of the wall, or go all out and do the whole thing?

I'm also trying to figure out what kind of photo collage I would like to put up on the one wall.. I like her idea of pictures, artwork, and the song :)

In the spirit of decorating kids spaces, my friend, Becca, sent me this blog post a while ago and it is HILARIOUS.

It's no surprise to anyone who knows me that I love anything with stripes.  So I'm expanding my wardrobe and going to try something called StitchFix!  I'm nervous and super excited all at the same time.  I can't wait to show you what I get :)

I also bought all the ingredients for this and I'm going to make it when my mom is here.  Get excited.

Because I love my God.  A really great post that I read a while ago but encouraged me recently and reminded me to be checking my heart motivation throughout the day. 

And just for kicks, here are some random pictures I took with my phone/ found on my computer these past couple weeks :)

My dad sent me this picture and the one below of Jake from the fall months ago and it's been sitting in my email.  I can't believe how BLONDE his hair was! Our little man is growing up :)

Future Kraft employee ha ;)

wearing our shades :)

Jake was not happy I was infringing on his car seat space to get this selfie.

Play date with a friend from a while ago :)

I had some quality time with this cutie before Jake woke up from his nap :)

These are moments few and far between when I get to rock him to sleep. So naturally I took a picture of it ;)

I took this on a rare 40 degree day a couple weeks ago.  I was ready to jump in a pool even though there was snow on the ground

Jake can correctly identify all 26 letters of the alphabet!  This is his "I did it!" photo.  #proudmom

0 comments:

Post a Comment