3.25.2014

What's inside my Stitch Fix box

{Please note that I am by no means a fashion blogger, and these photos were taken in our bedroom in front of a floor length mirror :) }

A couple weeks back I talked about how I signed up for something called Stitch Fix.  You can read more about what exactly it is on their website, but the short hand version is:  you submit a form about your body type and what style of clothing you like, and these people who are super trendy in California pick out 5 pieces of clothing that they think you would like / would look good on you.  You just pay $20 and if you buy something they send you, your $20 goes toward your purchase.  If you buy all 5 things, you get 25% off your entire purchase. 

It sounded simple enough to me, and I was excited to try something new.  Honestly, if you go through my drawer you can see that *almost* everything I own has some sort of stripe on it.  So I mainly decided to try Stitch Fix to get me out of my comfort zone and try on things I wouldn't think to pick out for myself.  It's almost like my own mini version of What Not to Wear.

So my Stitch Fix box was dropped off on my porch at lunch and I was SUPER excited.  Probably a little too excited- after all it's just clothes.  I did make sure to keep myself a little guarded though- I had read some blogs where the first box of clothes some women received did not match their style. And while I wouldn't say mine didn't match my style, I unfortunately didn't find any that I loved.  Now, you need to hear me out- I am extremely picky!  Most of the clothes I got were around $50 with the pair of jeans being $78.  I am willing to spend that much occasionally on a shirt or pair of pants, however I really need to love them.  They need to fit me perfectly and be something I can see myself wearing a lot.  That's why we splurged on my Hunter Boots.  They are stylish, but I wear them every. single. day.  In the winter and spring cute flats just don't work when we're walking through the muddy park and taking long walks.  So I am a specific type looking for cute and stylish, but also comfortable and practical since I'm moving around a lot playing with Jake.  

Although I didn't find anything I loved in the first box, I am planning on doing it again in a couple months.  It's not realistic with our budget for me to do this every month, but every once in a while is ok :)  And it seriously was really fun.  I may make a specific "Stitch Fix" board on Pinterest because I shared with my stylist my "Girl Stuff" board but there is a lot on there.  I think the more specific the better. 

So, here is what I got, along with my awkward commentary.  Enjoy :)




These were the one pair of pants I got.  I actually LOVE the color and most of the fit.  I don't have a really dark washed skinny jean and I would love one!  However, they were a tad bit baggy in the butt and thighs.  I am used to skinny jeans fitting a little bit snugger.  Honestly, if these would have been a perfect fit, I definitely would have considered getting them!



This is flower shirt number one.  I requested something with floral print and they sent me two!  I didn't mind this one too much, I just didn't love it enough to spend $50 on it.  See what I mean?  I'm picky.




This was actually my favorite shirt and I came pretty close to getting it!  I love the color and the sleeves were actually somewhat long on me! (this never happens).  However it was just a tad big.  I felt like it was a little too bulky on my body- plus I have one that is somewhat similar from Loft already.



Yeah this shirt was just a no go all around.  The fit was too wide and it was a little short and I just didn't love it.  Not too much to say about this one :)



Hello awkward poses with this shirt.  I really had trouble trying to show you this whole shirt. Dan actually liked this one; he really liked the blue.  I also liked the color- and it was flowy which I am looking for since I don't have too many shirts like this, but for some reason again, I just didn't love it.  And I believe this shirt was $68 so again, I really needed to LOVE it to get it. 

So those were my purchases!  I'm definitely giving some more detailed feedback on the next "Fix" and I'll keep you updated when I get my second package in a couple months :) If you've never done it and you are considering doing it, you can use my referral code if you'd like!  Every time you refer someone you get $25 credit to your account :)  That's actually how I've heard a lot of women can afford to do this, because their credit builds up!  

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Blue is totally your color! That blue cardigan was an awesome color on you and I liked the flower shirt that Dan liked too. I might try out the service actually--thoughts on timing it with post-pregnancy body though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The great thing about it is that you can be very specific with your stylist about what you want. So you could say that you just had a baby and you would like More flowy tops and cardigans that will fit now and later as opposed to more form fitting things. I remember not feeling that great since you're sleep deprived so it could be fun to treat yourself with it once and see! However like I said, they can be pricey so I would understand wanting to wait a couple months after you have the baby to give it a shot too!

      Delete