9.05.2013

Visitors in New York

I can't tell you what a HUGE blessing it was to have Dan's parents in town.  A really long time ago I wrote about how Dan's mom was re-diagnosed with cancer and since February of 2012 she has been going through chemo almost every single week.  It breaks my heart that their "new normal" are the weekly chemo appointments and then the days of recovery that come after that- and still on their off weeks, they make the 20 something (too long to even count) hour drive up to Ohio to visit family and THEN they drove the extra 6 hours out here to NY to stay with us in our not so nice 3rd floor that includes a {luxury} carpeted bathroom.  Yeah... I don't think I need to say more about that.  So when I say we were grateful- we were seriously SO grateful that they made the trip.  And then not only that, Dan's dad installed a ceiling fan, dehumidifier, lights in Jake's room, AND put together and set up our porch swing.  Oh, and they bought and set up this amazing Little Tikes truck for Jake.  I know.  You don't need to tell us how amazing they are.. because we know.  We are so blessed.  When I get lonely out here at times I just think back to this past weekend where we had friends and family sacrifice a lot to come visit us and I am reminded that God knows our every need and is with us out here.  He is so good.


DSC_7817
Being silly out to eat :)
DSC_7819
DSC_7800
DSC_7792
DSC_7790
DSC_7788
DSC_7778
DSC_7768
DSC_7773
DSC_7757
Clifford peering over his little head.. it just kills me. so stinkin' cute.
DSC_7753
DSC_7735

0 comments:

Post a Comment