4.27.2013

Jake's Dedication

First off, I cannot thank you all enough for your sweet, kind, and encouraging comments on our last post.  We seriously feel so loved and can tell people are praying for us.  So thank you thank you thank you.  We are so grateful and already feel comforted.

Before this tough week we had a great weekend.  My parents came into town for Jake's dedication and we painted and painted.. and painted some more.  My mom was the permanent babysitter (a much needed position.. there is no way I could have painted without her there!) and my dad helped teach Dan and I valuable painting lessons (as he was a pro in college and still is).  I didn't even tape the ceiling.  Just come on over and check out our trim.  You'll be amazed.

Anyway, I'll post house updates later.  This post is about Jake's dedication.  As I said in my  last post, more than ever Dan and I are aware of how Jake is just entrusted to us.  We are so thankful for him and have been reminded of what a precious gift he is.  Dan and I talked and searched scripture for a "verse" for him a couple months ago.  I heard of the idea I think on a blog and really liked it.  And, when we dedicated Jake our church asked that we pick out a verse for him.  So, this is our prayer for Jake.  That he would...

Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you.

1 Samuel 12:24

This is our hope for Jake.  That no matter what he does or where life takes him, that he would know the Lord, serve Him, and recognize all the blessings God has given Him.  

So, here's some pictures from the dedication on Sunday :)
DSC_5160
DSC_5157
DSC_5147
DSC_5126
DSC_5116
DSC_5110
DSC_5092
DSC_5080
DSC_5074
DSC_5064
DSC03244
DSC03240
DSC03226
DSC03217


0 comments:

Post a Comment