4.09.2013

Sugar update and a wagon ride

Happy Tuesday :)

It was SO nice outside yesterday.  As in I was actually somewhat breaking a sweat when I took Jake for a walk.  Today not so much :( blah.  There is hope though, right?

Anyway, it has been a week and a couple days since I embarked on my no sugar journey.  I think I forgot to put an important note in my first post about it, but I am giving myself the liberty one day a week to eat sweets.  No, this doesn't mean I go crazy and eat 10 cookies the second I wake up on that day.  It just means that I can enjoy a dessert on that day.  And enjoy a dessert I did on my day off :) 

We planned did a little "Sprinkle" for our friend Sara on Saturday, who is expecting their FOURTH baby!  I normally can pride myself on eating anything and it doesn't taste too rich or sweet, but let me tell you, I could taste the sugar and it was SWEET.  But I really enjoyed it and actually savored everything instead of just shoving it in my mouth... like I usually do :)

I think the main thing I've noticed about giving up sugar is that instead of reaching for the cookie or candy, I reach for the bananas or grapes.  That's what I SHOULD have been doing all along.  But, unfortunately I don't.  So, that is a big change and for the good :)  Smoothies have been a great substitute but I'm still working on the veggies.  Right now my favorite veggie recipe is homemade salsa.  I chop up tomatoes, onion, jalapeños, red pepper, lime, cilantro, and add a little garlic salt.  I may just make a HUGE batch of that and eat it everyday.  It's seriously so good!

And below, I have finally caught up on the old pictures from when I didn't have my computer.  These are from probably 2 months ago when it was sunny and 40 outside. We were so excited the weather was "warm" that we took Jake out for a walk in the wagon Dan's parents got him.  Oh and the first are just some random shots we took. lol

DSC_4650
DSC_4652
DSC_4643
DSC_4633
DSC_4630
DSC_4623
DSC_4612
DSC_4605
DSC_4604
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment