4.16.2013

New Toy

Big things are happening over here... we got Jake a new toy!  We really don't buy Jake too much other than food.  For the first time the other day we had to buy some new pajamas for him, but how great is that?  He is almost a year old and we haven't had to purchase him too many necessities.  I know, you don't need to tell us.  We are seriously blessed. 

Anyway, I don't even know what the name of this toy is, but it has been a hit in our house ever since last Saturday when we brought it home from Babies R Us.  And you want to know one of the best thing about it?  There are over 100 songs on it.  So I'm not listening to the same song over and over again.  Don't get me wrong, I hear similar songs, but it's not like some of the other toys that have one song that play on repeat.  We actually first encountered this toy at Luke and Brittany's and Jake literally ran sweet Lizzy over as he was walking around pressing all the buttons because he was so excited.

Really, any toy that gives me a couple free minutes to clean, cook, or answer a work email is nice :)  When I hear the music I know he is playing safely and not putting some odd object in his mouth.  I have learned very quickly that "quietness" when Jake is awake is never a good thing. 

Happy Tuesday!

DSC_4921
DSC_4919
DSC_4914
Jake found out early on that it moves if he pushes it.  It scared me a bit at first.. but he enjoys pushing it to different locations around the family room lol
DSC_4913
This is serious business.
DSC_4907
See?  Look how much fun he's having :)

3 comments:

  1. Ha what a cutie! And I know! I always know it's a bad thing if Jude gets really quiet..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so good you have kept it for so long! That's our goal when we get these new toys- that future kiddos will use them :) And yes- it is a GREAT gift idea! so good to hear from you guys :)

    ReplyDelete