1.04.2012

19 weeks and some updates

So I know there isn't any rhyme or reason to when I do my pregnancy updates.  Yesterday I was in the mood to take another picture so here it is! I'm sure I'll do another update after our 20 week appointment, too.  


I seriously think I'm getting huge.  Hello stomach.  It seems like over night I just started showing!  It will be interesting to see how I feel about my 19 week size at 35 weeks!  Something that is SO fun is that my cousin gave me a fetal heart rate monitor! She had a difficult pregnancy and the doctor recommended that she get one during her pregnancy; thankfully that difficult pregnancy ended up with her giving birth to a beautiful boy Dylan :) And, since she's no longer pregnant, she gave it to me! I told Dan he is going to have to hold me accountable in regards to how much I use it- I seriously LOVE listening to this baby's heart beat!

In other fun news, I think I *may* have felt movement.  It was either that or gas.  But, it felt a little different than indigestion, so that's why I think it may be the baby.  Two days in a row now that I've felt these movements, so I think it's the baby- but I'll keep you updated when this baby starts to really kick!

In other really fun news, I have realized I can't run for more than 10 minutes without having to go to the bathroom.  I have no idea how that one woman ran the Chicago Marathon at 40 weeks pregnant - I can barely make it a mile without running off the treadmill to head to the restroom! I think this baby is using my bladder as a bouncy ball when I run haha

And, I am starting to get a fun collection of baby items in the corner of our bedroom.  Here are some of them :)

My sweet friend Cynthia sent me this book!  I can't wait to print all these pictures and put them in it!
I bought these "Thank you" baby cards (I had my first shower but I'll share that later :)
My parents got us this little lamb for Christmas that makes noises- it's SO soft and I love it. 
Our first little outfit!!
It seems so surreal that there will be a little body in this outfit! Can't wait :)
Bought these for $2 each at a consignment sale.  It's ok to be jealous of my mad discount shopping skills ;)
Dan's parents sent us this HUGE panda!  They are so sweet and I am pretty sure it is going to be used as a chair by our baby for the first two years :)
Another consignment sale purchase- a jogger! Originally $300 bought for $60! So. excited.
I've heard great things about this Bible! So excited to give it to him/ her!
Annnd my high school friends got me an Ergo carrier!
I will look exactly like this model when I use mine :)
I can't believe I'm almost half way there!  I am just continually in awe of how awesome our God is and how this baby is being formed inside of me.  Can you believe it's 5 and a half inches now?! We are so blessed.  Can't wait to meet this little one :)

3 comments:

  1. I am 19 weeks tomorrow too! And I think I just started feeling movement a few days ago... and like you, can't tell if its gas or actual baby movement! haha. This is so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great!! We said hi to your family after Christmas Eve church but you and Dan were nowhere to be seen - bet you were in the bathroom haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I am totally jealous of your Ergo and your $2 sleep sack--what a steal! We have the Sleep Sheep too--used it a lot in the beginning :)

    ReplyDelete