11.09.2010

Halloween and other adventures

So the busy season kicks into full gear!  Dan and I find ourselves amidst traveling, birthdays, midterms, working late, and prepping for Christmas.  It's all fun and thankfully hasn't gotten to the point of "overwhelming" yet which I am very thankful for because it allows us to actually enjoy the busyness!

For Halloween, we weren't invited to any cool parties, and since we live in an apartment building we don't get any trick or treaters, so we walk around downtown Arlington Heights where the stores pass out candy to kids.  Seriously, this is the one day I find myself really wanting a baby because I really want to dress them up in a cute little pumpkin outfit lol  Here are some pictures of downtown Arlington Heights and some kids- and yes I did take pictures of other people's children.

Our friend Brian works in downtown A heights so we tapped on the window :)

I made Dan pose with this guy


Best costume award goes to this kid dressed as the guy from "Up"

Cutest costume goes to this little tiger- he was adorable
So on November 7th Doug and I turned 25!  Birthdays are fun for me because it reminds me that I'm a twin - it doesn't mean I forget about him (Don't worry Doug :) )  But, because my other brother is so close in age to us I don't really think of myself as a twin- even though I think about Doug often :)  It's always fun when we're all three the same age, and while I know it made our younger years stressful for my mom, I really enjoyed having siblings so close in age.  I got to see my brothers walking through the hallways in high school, be on the track team with them and cheer them on, and just do life together.  While I don't think I would ever want kids those close together, I'm thankful that it turned out that way with us :)  Oh, and my grandpa shares the same birthday with us as well!  So Happy Birthday to Pap, too!

Also, our friends celebrated my birthday by making/ buying me my favorite foods!  It was so sweet of them :)  We almost watched Man on Fire (one of my favorites for those of you that don't know!) but I decided to spare them the 2 hours with Denzel since most of them had seen the movie lol  Here are some pictures from the night!!

mmmm Guacamole (left the dusk mode on when I took this picture.. that's why it's yellow!)

BWW!

mmm Candy Apple from Marianos

Amazing ice cream dessert Rachael made!

0 comments:

Post a Comment