9.17.2010

My sweet husband :)

Recently I have been reminded of just what a ladies man my husband is.  That may sound weird, so let me explain :) The other day we were at the dentist, and let me tell you I could write a WHOLE stinkin' post about our dentist adventures but I won't bore you with that.  Anyway I was in the chair waiting for the dentist, and during this time I actually fell asleep because it had been 25 minutes.  Well, the dentist and his assistant come storming in laughing, scaring me half to death, and the guy bursts out saying "Wow your husband is just such a GREAT guy!" I'm thinking in my head, oh geez what did he do lol  He doesn't just stop there, "He was just so friendly!  My assistant here couldn't stop talking to him!"

Now, this assistant isn't just the average dental assistant I had growing up (aka normally a mom).  Nope, she is a cute, twenty something, tall, blond looking model with an accent.  Awesome.  I'm about ready to to throw down right there in the dentist office (haha not really) when she starts blushing and saying "No I wasn't!" And then my dentist has to clarify that she wasn't hitting on Dan even though he didn't sound too convincing.  Oh geez. 

Then, my friend recently in an email told me that when Dan stopped by her office he started up quite the conversation after he left with all her friends asking who "that cute guy was."  Thankfully, she explained that he was her friend's "husband." lol

Obviously, any wife would be proud (and a little nervous at times!) knowing their husband gets that kind of attention, and it totally takes me back to my high school days.  I feel like this has been going on our whole relationship- in college my friends would mention how nice Dan looked when he was all dressed up for Beta events, even at church people have told me how they can see his smile from up on stage.  See, when Dan Cinadr moved to Hudson, Ohio from Florida, he was kind of a big deal.  Well, in my circle he was.  Everyone talked about the cute, smart, new guy, so naturally I was dying to meet him.  After an awkward conversation (on my part) at a swim meet I was hooked.  I had a crush on Dan Cinadr and everyone knew it.  Why wouldn't I?  He had a smile that seriously could melt anyone (still does :)  Naturally that's why he won Hudson High School's "Best Smile" his senior year.  I really hope our kids get that trait lol When I had my crush on Dan in high school I used to think he was flirting with me because he smiled at me.  Little did I know he did that to everyone, not just me!

But, I didn't write this blog post to rave about the good looks of my husband!  I actually enjoy teasing him about these things because it makes him SO uncomfortable.  The more we are married the more amazed I am at how Dan doesn't live for what this world lives for.  In 1 Samuel the Lord says  "Do not consider his appearance or his height ... The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."  In a world where everyone is focused on themselves and looking good, Dan truly stands out.  He is SO humble and genuine and is truly more focused on his character than his outward appearance.  Let's just say I certainly was never the heart throb in high school and don't get nearly as much attention as Dan, but I have to admit in my heart I definitely can strive for it.  What a blessing it is to have someone who reminds me daily that it's not the outward appearance that matters because I am not here to please man but to please God. 

I am so blessed and thankful to have such a godly husband :)  Here's us at prom.  6 YEARS ago!

0 comments:

Post a Comment