9.08.2010

Labor day weekend

My goodness it has been a while since I have actually posted something about our life!  That actually may be a good thing- it means we're sitting around doing nothing worth blogging about- much needed after this crazy summer.  And, like I said before, we will have a ton more pictures as you already saw from our last update.  We are LOVING our new camera and it is just so fun to take everywhere- I feel like when I have it with me I am constantly looking for the beauty in the little things.  So fun :) 

This past weekend we had SUCH a blast hanging out with friends and exploring the city!  First, we went to the Libertyville high school football game on Friday night!  I have been wanting to go to a local football game since the second we moved to this area and the weather was perfect!  Not too cold, but definitely felt like football weather!  It reminded me when I used to cheer on #1 and #88 (my brother's numbers!!) out there on the field at Hudson High school, praying that Doug would emerge from the bottom of the pile each time he ran the ball (which was a LOT!)  Oh and we ate at this awesome Barbecue place- Smokehouse grill in Libertyville- it was so good!  And our friends let us use their coupon... actually come to think of it they paid for us.  I should pay them back for that. 

At the football game- they just scored hence the excitement
We were pretty close to the action
Anyway, the next morning we ran our 18 miles with our friend Becca- the most YET.  It's hard for me to put my thoughts together about all of this running.  It was a mix of fun, pain, and excitement that I actually survived all rolled into one.  I think it was my first glimpse into the pain I will be feeling during the FULL 26.2.  But, I am taking it one run at a time.  Tonight: 9 miles.

Then, we got ready pretty quickly after our run and headed to Wrigleyville to meet up with our friends Luke and Brittany!  We were so thankful that they invited us to the Cubs game to hang out with them right behind home plate!  They were great seats, and they WON (a rare thing these days!) so we got to sing the song which is always fun :)  Then we went to Lou's for pizza- and it was amazing.  It was such a blessing to catch up with them- they are yet another reason why Indianapolis is such a great place!!

All of us after the game
Also, my best friend from Indy, Jamie, and her two roommates were in town and they stayed with us as we explored Chicago!  So, that was really fun to be able to see them and catch up (even though we were so busy) we got to squeeze in some time to chat after (both) our exhausting days in the city on Saturday!

At Lou's!
Then, Dan and I got up on Sunday and drove to South Haven, Michigan.  Oh my goodness it is SUCH a beautiful place!  We stayed at this cute bed and breakfast that served appetizers with a "splash" of wine at 5:30, and we totally watched a movie on a VCR.  So great.  We walked around and look at all the boats, wandered through some shops, ate lots of good food, and just enjoyed relaxing.  Oh, AND we celebrated Dan's 25th birthday!!  There is more celebrating to come... that is just the beginning :)  I  posted some pictures in the previous post of our trip so you can tell how beautiful the area was.  Although it rained a little bit on Monday, it gave us some time to head home early so we could get our homework done.  It was such a great and relaxing labor day- couldn't have asked for anything else :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment