6.22.2010

Summer Reading

Today I officially used the last of my PTO hours and took off half the day. Dan doesn't know where this all comes from, but I'm very thankful for it :) So, I decided to camp out at Panera (surprise surprise) and first, redo the blog (I saw SO many other great blogs I figured I would do some searching to see what new "gadgets" are out there!) and then continue reading the book I just recently started! Since we're going to Florida next week, I wanted a book that I could work on while I'm there, so hopefully I can give you a better "review" of it in a couple weeks, seeing as I'm on page 27. But, the book I started is called Seeing With new Eyes by David Powlison. It actually was recommended in one of our counseling classes back in the Spring, but we never got around to reading it because of the 5 other books we were assigned to read. This is going to be the first of a couple books that Powlison hopes to write helping us to see what God sees, hear what He hears, and do what He does. I hope this will help me become more thoughtful in understanding and caring for the people I am and will minister to in the future. (whether it be in counseling, ministry, family, etc!) And, on another note, I finished Hebrews and am onto Proverbs :) I hope to gain LOTS of wisdom this summer! Stay tuned. And lastly, I promise, Dan and I are house sitting for some cats this week . . . and I actually think Dan likes the cats :) It's cute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment