9.20.2015

Oh, Miami

A  couple weeks ago we attended a wedding for a friend that we went to college with in Cincinnati.  We stayed with our friends Cynthia and Nate, who we met in college, and decided to visit our alma mater since we were only 30 minutes away.  It is crazy how much a school can change in 7 years!  And while I felt like I was a college student again, I have a feeling the few students that were walking around could tell immediately we were not 18 year olds.  (Maybe our kids gave that away?!)

Dan and I LOVED our time at Miami.  I remember mentors telling us in college not to take the experience for granted because there will never be another time in your life like this- where you literally only have responsibility for yourself and you have hundreds of friends that are all in the exact same life stage as you.  While I wish I could say I listened to their advice, it is definitely true that it's easier to see looking back what a blessing that time in our lives were.  From the friends we made, the experiences we had, and the ability we had to grow spiritually, we had an all around great college experience.  And we loved visiting and reliving all our memories.  I already pray that Jake and our other kids will have the same experience we did!

We stayed with our friends Cynthia and Nate and they have adorable twins and a beautiful home!






Definitely felt old when we realized that they don't have 80's night anymore but it's 90's night! lol we had to take a pic :)


Maybe a future Beta?!


Newly weds :)

our attempt at a group shot lol

















0 comments:

Post a Comment