9.21.2015

A Baby Dedication

A couple weeks ago our friend's Lane and Jess dedicated their little guy at church!  I can't believe it's been three years since we dedicated Jake in that exact same room.  I love hearing what verses and name's parents pick out for their kids, and we are so excited that we have the privilege of doing this again soon :)

It's crazy how different my feelings are this time around with our second little guy.  I know parents always feel bad that they don't take as many pictures or they don't plan out every little detail of their second or third child's nursery, but I think there's a different, and dare I say better preparation this time around.  I'm less concerned about the decorations of this baby's nursery and the cuteness of his clothes.  I'm also not reading as many baby books- not because I'm a pro, but because I realized how frustrated I got when Jake wasn't napping as long as he "should" have been according to certain authors!

Maybe it's because it took us a while of trying and a couple miscarriages before we got pregnant that I feel this way, but there is just an overwhelming sense of gratitude I've been feeling.  God has been growing in my heart a sense of thankfulness with every little kick and every month that passes.  And we are SO excited to meet this little guy over here.  And I know you can never fully soak every moment in because they pass by so so fast, but we are excited to try :)



















0 comments:

Post a Comment