7.31.2014

Dan leaves me alone for the weekend with a paintbrush and some blue paint...

My friend Becca bought me "The Nesting Place" book.  One of the many reason we are such good friends, because it is SUCH a good book and I can't put it down.  Except I did, only because she already inspired me to redo our bathroom.  I have been wanting to do something to our bathroom for the past year, but I wasn't sure what.  When we did the first walk through of our home, I remember thinking that the bathroom was OK.  It wasn't totally 100% new and updated, but it was big, had some good bones to it, and had a lot of good light.  Fast forward to two weeks ago when I saw this pin on Pinterest.  Yet another reason to love Pinterest, not only do creative women showcase their talents for women like me to copy in their homes, they also provide my husband with the comfort he needed when I told him I wanted to paint our vanity blue.  

So, Dan left last weekend to head off to Colorado for his brother's bachelor party and I got working on the bathroom.  Basically anytime Jake was sleeping, I went crazy painting and I got a couple little things from HomeGoods- because who doesn't LOVE HomeGoods? And this is what we came up with.  I hope you like it!

Before:


After:







This was Dan's stool that his grandpa made him :)






6 comments: