6.26.2012

Jake's One Month Partaaay

{10lbs 3oz}

And by party I mean exciting photo shoot he got to have with mom.  Maybe I'll let him stay up a little bit longer before he naps later.. big things could happen around here to celebrate.. watch out.

I cannot believe it has been one month.  A month ago Dan and I were reluctantly heading to the hospital and it's crazy to think that now he has been apart of our family for a whole month!  It's hard to remember what life was like without him here!  And, if how fast this month went is any indication of how quickly he is going to grow up, I seriously am going to be teaching him how to drive next week.

Here are some fun things that I am going to remember about how Jake is at one month:
  • You constantly keep me on my toes and are throwing my previous "schedule oriented" and "check list" life out the window.  Some days you will sleep for 2 hours and others only a half an hour.  I am quickly learning that life with you is going to be pretty unexpected- I'm already bracing myself.  
  • You are getting squirmy.  Which at times is fun and at times makes me sad because I like to cuddle and you push me away.  It's ok, you're already showing signs of independence.
  • You look like a turtle when we do tummy time and it's so stinkin' cute.
  • I feel like when you look at me you are actually *looking* at me and not spacing out by staring at the wall behind me or a bright light (even though you still do that sometimes).
  • I didn't know such loud burps could come out of such a tiny body.
  • When you poop it is an all out explosion.  Lord help me when we introduce solids into your diet.
  • I cannot wait until you smile- the small glimpses I get when you are in a milk coma seriously melt my heart.
  • I've realized you like listening to waves on the lamb that grandma and grandpa got you- I am taking that as an indication that you want to go on a vacation soon or live by the ocean, and mom and dad are ok with both of those things.
  • You took down your first bottle like a champ! We were so excited!
  • You have so many different expressions:
    • "Terrified" look (made when you hear loud noises or bright lights)
    • "I hate everyone" look (this one comes out in your car seat)
    • Confused look (you  make this often)
    • Staring off look
    • Milk Coma look
    • Blue steel look
    • I'm pooping look
We're so excited to continue to watch you grow up!  We're so thankful for you :)

I took "real" pictures with our camera... but this is easier to put up for now..





Starting to cry...

Having fun with my phone in hopes the crying would stop...

1 comments:

  1. Hahahahah I love that you two are making the same face in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete