6.15.2012

Jake's big day

Dan and I went back and forth for a while deciding what we wanted to do regarding pictures of the pregnancy/ our baby.  We knew we wanted to have professional pictures taken, but weren't sure when to do them.  I thought about doing pregnancy pictures, but after a while I realized I probably wouldn't need 60 pictures of me posing pregnant 5 years from now.  As cute as they are (and there are some adorable ones on Pinterest!) we thought our money would go further if we held off until our little one arrived. (However if we had an unlimited budget we would have totally gotten the pregnancy pics :)

Then came the decision of when to get pictures of our new baby.  Committing to getting newborn pictures could get risky.. what if we had a pretty weird looking baby?  I mean, a lot of babies look kind of "alienish" when they are born and I don't want to spend money to get pictures of our awkward looking kid when we should have waited 3 or 6 months.  However, after much decision making, we decided to take the risk and go with scheduling the newborn shoot.  Last year for Christmas we got my parents a "family photo session" where my siblings and I are going to head to Ohio to get some shots of all of us sometime in late summer/ fall.  So, we decided if we wanted more pictures then, we could get some additional shots of our little family when Jake is older (which we still may do- we'll see :)

So, here are some of our favorite pictures of Jacob!  We loved how they turned out and even though he wasn't cooperating too much (a little cranky and not that sleepy) the photographer did a great job getting some good shots of him!  I'm excited to put these up in his nursery when he has one!












3 comments: