6.20.2012

Father's Day Post.. is this too late?

For some reason I had this delirous thought that I would have more time to blog when I was done with school and was a stay at home mom.  I have no idea where that thought came from.  Here I am with a 3 week old and still struggling to get back in the "blogging routine."  I wish I could tell you that I am finally getting the hang of all of this and will be back to posting at a "normal" rate, however I have a feeling this sporadic posting is going to become the new normal.  I definitely have a profound respect for bloggers that have kids- I don't know how you can find time to do it!  Hence me getting to this post 3 days late. 

Sunday was a pretty big deal in the Cinadr household as we celebrated Dan's FIRST Father's Day.  It's crazy for me to think that this amazingly good looking guy that I had a crush on junior year of high school is now a father- and it couldn't be sweeter watching him in that role.

A friend/ father on facebook mentioned this on Sunday: "Happy Father's Day! May we all live in such a way before our children so that they will not find it difficult to understand God as their Father as they continue or begin to follow Him. (Ephesians 1.3)"

I read that and felt so blessed because I truly believe that I have a husband who is going to help our son see Christ more.  Will he do it perfectly?  Of course not, and neither I nor anyone else expects him to because he's not perfect.  However Dan has this great ability to ask for forgiveness at the first sense of wrong doing, and that action alone is going to speak volumes in regards to the gospel in our family.  He also has this wonderful combination of grace and truth- he has such a compassionate heart but doesn't shy away from the truth in the Bible.  I can't begin to share how excited I am to partner with this man to raise our son :) He's pretty great.

And, I obviously can't talk about Father's Day without giving a shout out to my own dad :)  Some of my favorite times with my dad is when he shared with me what God was teaching him- that fact that I remember these times so vividly really shows the power that a father's wisdom can have on his kids.  I'll never forget sitting with him in the kitchen as he shared Micah 6:8 with me:

"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.  And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

To this day I will always remember that verse and can't read it without thinking about my dad and the thoughts he shared with me regarding it.  Thanks for speaking the gospel to us, dad- don't stop :)  I love hearing what the Lord is teaching you.



First Father's Day shot!  He had on a "I Love Dad" shirt :)


Dan's favorite time with Jake, Tummy Time when he gets home from work.

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! I don't know how to find time for blogging at this point!! How do bloggers with kiddo-s do it?!

    ReplyDelete