12.10.2010

My favorite soup!

I have always LOVED Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana soup, and this past Fall when we went to Pymatuning, Dan's cousin's wife, Elisha, brought some with her! I swear I get the best recipes from these family reunions (the other one being the Buffalo Dip!).  So I asked her for the recipe and made it, and absolutely love it- and Dan likes it, too!!  (But soup doesn't really fill him up- so it doesn't count for dinner lol)    If you're interested- here's the recipe!  I'm no chef by any means, so basically what I'm trying to say is it is pretty easy to make :)

Zuppa Toscana Soup

1 pkg of bulk sausage (I used hot and loved it, but the recipe calls for mild)
4 slices of bacon cut into pieces (I used "real" bacon bit pieces and that worked, too)
1 1/4 teaspoons of crushed red pepper
1 large onion
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
5 cans (13.75 oz) of chicken broth
6 potatoes, thinly sliced
1 cup of heavy cream
A bunch of Kale

1.  Cook the sausage, red pepper flakes, onion, garlic, and bacon until crumbly, browned and no longer pink.  Drain. (Be sure to use a bigger pot for this)
2.  Pour the chicken broth in the bacon/ sausage mixture and bring to a boil over high heat.  Add the potatoes, and boil until fork tender (about 20 min).  Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the cream and heat through.  Mix the Kale in before serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment