12.12.2010

Christmas is in the air

This weekend it really started to "feel" like Christmas for me.  Not only does being home in Hudson remind me of Christmas (because that is where we spend every Christmas), but I started thinking on our long drive home today what really makes it feel like Christmas for me.  Why was it that a week ago when I put up our small tree in our apartment that it still didn't feel like Christmas for me?  I think it's so interesting that everyone has different things that remind them of Christmas.  Like the red Starbucks Christmas cup or their N'Sync Christmas CD (both favorites of mine :).  I always enjoy discovering what makes it feel like Christmas for other people.  Here are mine:
  1. Snow.  To be exact- Lake Erie lake effect snow.  As you can see from my pictures below my hometown got blasted this past week and they expect to get 16 to 20 inches more by Wednesday!  I always joke with Dan that there is no way people in Florida know what Christmas is really about because they don't get snow (for those of you who don't know Dan used to live in Florida lol)
  2. Amy Grant & Michael Bolton.  It's not Christmas until I hear at least one song from their Christmas albums!
  3. Peppermint Mocha's.  Dan loves these and I try to save my favorite minty beverages for this time of the year.  I feel it is totally worth it to splurge on these while Christmas shopping!
  4. Hudson Community Chapel's Christmas concert.  I don't get to see it every year, but this past weekend we did and it brought back so many memories of past Christmas'.
  5. And lastly, finals.  Yep, since I work at a college and still take classes, that tension and stress in the air leading up to the week of finals reminds me that Christmas is so close.  I think that's what makes finishing them so satisfying- I can focus 100% on Christmas festivities when I am finally DONE. Which, as of 8:09 tonight I am officially done.  Woo hoo!
Below are some pictures that remind me of Christmas!


0 comments:

Post a Comment