5.24.2010

Seminary

It is seriously SUCH a blessing to be able to take classes at Trinity. Dan and I just finished our counseling class for the summer (well... we still have two papers and a final to take.. but the class portion is over!) and after sitting in class from 8:30am to 2:15pm and attempting to get in some time to work so we didn't run through our PTO, is it weird that I was actually SAD that class was over?! We probably had to read through close to 2,000 pages and although it was a lot, I loved every bit of it. God has me (and Dan) at a place where He is showing us what it looks like to love people well, and how the church is called to love and care for the body well. Christians have just as many issues as the next person, and grasping the gospel is not an easy concept to take a hold of. We have a spiritual formation project due Wednesday... I'm sure I'll have more to say on this :)

Also, probably the fact that we only had 10 people in our class helped. I was thinking as I was walking on campus Friday how neat it is to be at Trinity where it draws people from all over the world who are living out the call God has on their lives. One guy is here only for a year to finish his degree from Brazil. Another works at a church in downtown Chicago and is running an ULTRA marathon.. 56 miles.. in South Africa with World Vision. Actually.. he's running it right as I'm typing this! Another guy was a pastor in Indiana.. another a french pastry chef in Rockford. I feel so privelaged to be at a place where we are all at this unique place in this short life where God is preparing to send us out. And, we had our last jr high last night for the year :( Aloha night always comes with mixed emotions... relieved to have Sunday afternoons back, but sad to not see the leaders and kids every week! I will post pictures later this week! On a lighter note.. I had to post this video... there is another one, too if you want to watch it... I just love the ending. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM&feature=related

0 comments:

Post a Comment