2.03.2015

A Breakfast Recipe









No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls from Audrey's Apron

  • 1 cup of oats
  • 1/2 cup of ground flax seed
  • 1/2 cup of peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
  • 1/3 a cup of honey
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • (I'll occasionally throw in some coconut because I'm obsessed)
True confessions: A while ago I was incredibly addicted to those chocolate covered Quaker oats granola bars and I would sometimes eat 2 for breakfast a day.  And in my mind that was considered healthy.  After I started paying more attention to the actual type of food that was going into my body instead of just counting calories, it kind of dawned on me that those Quaker oats bars were more like chocolate candy bars.  So I searched the internet for something that 1)  I could make at home 2) still had chocolate in it 3) and was relatively healthy and I came across these on Pinterest.  

And you guys, they are so good.  Not only do I like them but so do Jake and Dan.  And I'll even grab one later in the afternoon if I'm having a sugar craving instead of a cookie.  Jake LOVES to help me make them, really just so he can eat the chocolate chips, but hey, it's become a weekly tradition so I'll take the help!  They are filling, so easy to make, and perfect for grabbing as we're running out the door late to a play date (because let's be real, we're running late 99% of the time lol)  So if you're looking for something healthy to eat for breakfast, give these a try :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment