6.05.2014

Memorial Day Parade

Annnnd we have reached the end of our Memorial Day weekend pictures.  I know you are deeply saddened.  Don't worry, I have many others to share from New York :)  It's SO much easier to take pictures in the summer than it is in the winter.  Yet another reason to move somewhere warmer...

The last day we were in Ohio we went to the Memorial Day Parade in downtown Hudson.  Oh my did it bring back memories.  I'm not sure if anyone else is like this, but growing up in a particular town you just can't wait to get out.  Then you leave, and for some reason every time I come back to visit my parents I keep telling Dan, "You know this really was a great place to grow up... *hint hint nudge nudge*"  lol  But for real, it is fun to go back to our home town and do things that I did as a kid.  Like when the Hudson High School Marching band came by I had major flash backs to all the hot, sweaty parades that I marched in back when I played the clarinet.  Then there was that time that I fainted on Memorial Day when the band had to stand in the cemetery for like an hour...  yes, like I said, such good, sweet memories ;)

Anyway, it was Jake's first parade and he L-O-V-E-D it.  I think he could have sat there for two more hours and watched the fire trucks, horses, and marching bands come by.  It was so cute to watch him wave at people and get so excited when something new passed by.  I can see many more parades in our near future :)












Jake had a fire truck on his shirt so he was "showing us" the fire truck as an actual fire truck passed by lol



After all the pictures we took this weekend, Jake had reached his smiling "max" lol

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! Looking back I realize how nice of a place Hudson was to grow up in! I always love going back for visits.

    Amy B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I'm just seeing this comment now!!! And yes, it is so funny how my perspective changes as we get older :) Hudson really was a great place to grow up. I wish they had the Chipotle there when we went to High school!

      Delete