12.30.2013

Christmas pictures- and so it begins :)

As always, we took a tremendous amount of pictures while we were in Ohio last week.  And it doesn't help that my dad got a really nice Nikon on Black Friday so he took pictures and I took pictures and we combined our pictures and now we have millions of pictures.  Not really but you can imagine how many we took over the span of a week :)

Christmas was so fun for many reasons: 1) our whole family was together on Christmas morning.  My bro and his wife switch off every other year so last year was Holly's year and this year they were with us!  2) Jake loved every second of it.  And he didn't just want to rip open his gifts, he loved seeing what everyone else got and smelling candles and he even got excited and tried to "put on" the new clothes that he got.  I'm cherishing those moments because I know there will be a day when he chucks clothes to the side and continues to rip through his pile to find toys. 3) we did some unconventional things like have a Christmas exchange in a food court and got to go to the park on a (rare) 50 degree day. 

Needless to say, we made lots of great memories :)

Although it was good to get home and get on our schedule again, we definitely miss everyone.  I could tell Jake was looking for Aunt Holly this morning to turn on all the Christmas trees (my parents had 5 that he turned on every. single. morning with her lol) and he didn't have Uncle Doug or Jon to play basketball with and he couldn't understand why dad wasn't here when he woke up (obviously we've been spoiled since Dan took a week off work).  But we're adjusting :)  So with no further adieu, let the first part of the pictures begin.
Christmas Eve making dessert :)





Playing Yo- Yo with Uncle Doug

My mom made awesome food for us the whole entire week :)
Jake was thrilled to take more pictures lol

The whole gang (minus my dad taking the picture :)

Yes he traveled with us :)
Christmas morning!
Doug got us a Miami print :)



Yes we took lots of pictures

And so the toy opening begins!
He LOVES this car from Uncle Doug.



Even Baby "B" had a gift pile :)
Dan looking handsome in his new suit :)
Jake loves dragging around this firetruck by the hose from Uncle Jon and Aunt Holly lol



We have MUCH to be thankful for :)
More fun with new toys :)  please note the M&M bag made the trip.


Coloring with Grandpa at his new table
Mom and Holly.
Part II will come later :)

2 comments:

  1. Love these! How did I miss the fact that your brother is going to be a dad?!? Congrats to them! And how fun will it be to be an aunt?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so exciting!! I wonder if I've actually ever said anything on the blog about it... but I guess I did now :) They're 27 weeks and due at the end of March! I'm SO excited to be an Aunt and can't wait for Jake to be a cousin! Even though they live in Indiana we'll just have to make trips :)

      Delete