7.10.2013

Recipe Update

So remember that little challenge I posted a little bit ago? Well, I have already been making recipes.  And seriously, I have yet to make something I haven't liked!  Here are a couple recipes I've tried:

Dark Chocolate Sea Salted Toffee.  Umm.. how can that NOT sound amazing?  This recipe was super easy and it made more than I thought it would so I had them at three separate occasions (ok one was when Dan came home but he really liked it!).  And there were only 4 ingredients: butter, sugar, dark chocolate chips, and coarse sea salt.  I'm not going to post the exact recipe since I want you to go and get her book, but seriously, this is a keeper and one I will probably have around when company is over because it would taste really good with coffee or Shauna recommends with ice cream.

Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs.  Ok so there isn't really a recipe for this.. it's just scrambled eggs with goat cheese.. but I really liked it. I never thought I would like Goat Cheese.. it tasted a little strong for me at first but it's definitely growing on me.  Don't judge before you try it.

Green Well Salad.  This salad is apparently similar to a salad she had at a place in Michigan.  It was really good and I made my own dressing for it!  I've never made my own salad dressing- I felt so domestic.  She gives the recipe for her Maple Vinaigrette dressing and it's mixed with greens, pears, grapes, dried cherries, walnuts, and GOAT cheese.  And I made some grilled chicken for it as well.  I even made it for some friends for lunch and they all really liked it.  And just like that I have a new go to salad :)

Breakfast Cookies. So I really liked these for a morning breakfast cookie.. but Dan didn't love them.  I think "healthy" and "cookie" are two words that don't really go together for him.  Instead of eggs she used mashed bananas and for the first time I purchased coconut oil.  Oh, but I didn't use the almond meal.  Quick question.. have any of you ever purchased almond meal?  For one small bag it was $11.99!  I feel bad for my gluten free friends.  (I used flour and it turned out just fine :)  And.. I added more chocolate chips and less walnuts.  After all.. it's a cookie :)

Annnd lastly Mango Chicken Curry.  So we went over to our friend's house and they go to Willow so I asked her if she read Shauna's new book.  And lo and behold it's sitting there on her kitchen counter and she's making us a recipe for dinner from that very book!  And this is what she made us.  And it was soooo good. Seriously.  And Dan isn't a big curry fan and he liked it as well.  Double win.  I never thought that curry and tomatoes and mangos and raisins would go together (there are obviously other ingredients as well :) but they did- and I have been eating the leftovers for 5 days now.. and they're still good. Definitely a keeper.

So, these are the new recipes I've tried.  I honestly am definitely cooking "outside my box."  I'm not used to using half of these ingredients but a lot of them are turning out really good and I'm excited that I have new "go to" meals to use :)

I'll keep you updated with more in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Yum...this food all sounds so good. And the book sounds great too. I am adding it to my wishlist!! Thanks for sharing.

    Amy G (or B since I just got married)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration Stef, I just ordered the book!

    ReplyDelete