6.12.2013

We're moving.

So this has been a blog post that I wanted to write last week some time.  But such is life, and it's happening now.  For pretty much all of Dan's career at Kraft they have told him there is the possibility they could move him.  Potentially opportunities came up, and some real opportunities came up, but nothing ever worked out.   About a month ago Dan was offered a new position in New York.  Let me tell you- I honestly never thought we would live in New York.  I can honestly tell you there has never even been a thought in my mind where I was like "It'd be fun to live in New York some day!"  It was more like, "It would be fun to live in South Carolina some day... where it's warm.. and sunny..." haha.

Dan's new position will be a wonderful opportunity for him.  It's great experience for him now and for what he hopes to do in the future.  It will challenge him and grow him.  However, it's not going to be easy leaving Chicago :/ It's a running joke with our friends that when we moved out here we were on a mission to leave right away.  Two years max we would live here.  We would pay off our debt and head into ministry and be gone. Poof. Don't get too close- we're leaving this place.  Sadly, they felt those vibes :(  (sorry guys!)  And, as usual, life didn't pan out that way.  Our debt didn't get paid off as quickly as we hoped.  Cars failed and more debt was piled on.  Then babies enter into the picture and God led us in different ways here.  (The verse "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. Proverbs 16:9" comes to mind as I'm typing that...)

Anyway, He's taught us a lot during our time here in Chicago. But I'm not going to get into that now.  We're still here.. so that post will come later :)

Anyway this past month has been filled with trips out to NY because it's happened all VERY fast.  Oh and did I say that Dan starts MONDAY?  I'm sad because he will be gone :(  We thankfully found a home (we'll share more of that later :) but we won't close until July since it's a 30 day closing so I will be here while he's out there.  But, I keep telling me it's just a season and this too shall pass.

So, if I haven't called, emailed, texted, or facebooked you back... or if my blogging is sporadic.. or who knows.. maybe I'll have more time to blog since Dan is gone.. that is why.  Things are a little crazy over here.  But, we're surviving.  God again has brought to mind James, what I'm memorizing, "Count it all joy when you meet trials of various kinds .... "  Life brings trails of all different kinds and while this isn't necessary a trial, it has its moments of stress that test my faith. 

So, I'm going to try to be better at keeping you updated :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the big news! I have been following your blog for awhile and am always so inspired by your ability to trust God and go where he leads you (literally and figuratively). Sounds like this is a great move and I can only imagine what God has in store for you.

    Amy Grunenwald (from High school!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Amy! Thank you SO much for your encouraging post and for saying something! It has been so long! I hope you are doing well- I just fb'd you so we can keep in touch- didn't even realize we weren't friends! :)

      Delete