3.10.2010

Resting and weddings!

God is always so good to me (stef- well He's good to Dan, too, but this is Stef :) and He is always faithful in telling me when I need to slow down- it shouldn't surprise me when He does this since He created me and knows me inside and out, but it always does lol

When Christmas break hit I was in total need of a break, emotionally, spiritually, and physically because I had run myself dry. (maybe that's how I got mono.... lol) This isn't new for me. Really starting in college is when I guess my "busyness" tendency started - I was known as that girl that was always on the go- doing homework, involved in something, meeting someone for coffee, etc. I lived my life responding to people and deadlines, not really actively living. Over the break I was convicted to really think about my priorities and what is essential. In my Bible Study on Thursday mornings we read Chuck Swindoll's book "Paul" and one quote in particular really spoke to me: "Superficiality is the curse of our age. The doctrine of instant satisfaction is a primary spiritual problem. The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people."

He proceeded to talk about how a life marked by depth can only be cultivated in protracted periods of time spent in solitude, quietness, and obscurity where we rearrange our private world, rethink priorities, and simplify life. It was in Arabia that the apostle Paul learned these things, where self reliance and his people pleasing tendencies wore away and he found himself content in Christ. My prayer is that I can do the same this year- to not get caught up in making lists and getting done everything I need to get done so I can appear "put together" but to slow down and just walk with my Savior and rest in Him.

Well, why this all has come up was because yesterday I get these Proverbs 31 daily emails and it discussed how leaving a legacy doesn't come from being busy, it comes from living a life of purpose. After a somewhat busy but fun weekend, I found myself needing some much needed down time :)

Speaking of this weekend.. I traveled to the wonderful state of Ohio to visit with one of my roommates/ friends from college, Kylie who has recently gotten engaged!! I went down to visit and in hopes of helping her find a dress and we were successful! It was such a fun and encouraging weekend- I l.o.v.e my Miami girls :)

Here are a couple pictures:

This is Kelsey (Kylie's sister!), Kylie, Christy, and me!

Cynthia, Kylie and Me :)

Also, has anyone seen those huge energy windmill things on 65 in Indy?! I think they are sweet and seriously look forward to seeing them everytime I drive on 65 lol So... I decided to take a couple pictures of them. Although I almost died pulling over on the side of the road with semi's driving past me going I swear 90mph, I got some pics :) It was kinda gray.. but look at how cool they are! And although the picture doesn't show it.. they are HUGE in person lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment