5.12.2016

She laughs

Fear and worry is a funny thing I'm learning these days.  Recently I have a dear friend who is going through a similar time that I did a couple years ago.  I've been going through the verses I clung to during that difficult time and listening to some of the worship songs that really helped get me through some of the tough days, and God is teaching me a lot about my present days and how blessed I am.  How I have two healthy boys, a wonderful husband, a baby (toddler) on the way from China, I get to do something I love and am passionate about (photography), Dan is blessed with a great job and we have wonderful friends.  Life isn't perfect, but I have MUCH to be thankful for.  YET, I am prone to worry.  I am prone to fear.  I find myself in the middle of the night when I am up late with Cole struck with worry about what could happen.  I actually worry because things are going "so well" that something is bound to happen soon that won't be good.  Because isn't that just how it's supposed to go?

It's silly, really.  Kind of ridiculous at times.  Just enjoy the present, I tell myself.  But then fear and worry creeps in.  Yet God has been so good to remind me of actually some of the verses that got me through that difficult time- about how the Proverbs 31 woman can laugh at the days to come.  Laughing at the days to come means I am not worrying or fearful about tomorrow or the "what ifs" or  "what could be."  Because you know what.  They are going to come.  That's reality.  I don't know the specifics of what the trials will look like in front of me but that is life.  We aren't promised an easy road, because we don't live in a perfect world.  That's to come soon, but not yet.  So until then I can cling to God- like He says in Psalm 112:17 "They do not fear bad news but they confidently trust in the Lord to take care of them."  God is so good to remind me that I don't need to have worry or fear because God promises to take care of me when they come.  So I can simply enjoy the present and look back on the pictures below with enjoyment for the sweet times he gave us :)

**As a disclaimer these photos are from almost two months ago (eek!) I'm that behind on photos!  Cole's hair is so long! lol
































0 comments:

Post a Comment