8.04.2010

Busy

So, these past few weekends we have been traveling. I have really been trying to battle this "woe is me I'm so busy attitude" because sometimes I just feel like my world is spinning out of control. Then, I hear about a friend who's mom has cancer. I see someone struggling through financial difficulties. I learn about someone who lost their child. Aren't you SO thankful when God brings things back into perspective?! This summer has been SUCH a blessing. Has it been restful? Not really. Has it been quiet? Nope. Have I gotten to read ahead for my two classes in the fall like I planned? I wish. But instead, we have gotten to watch 2 (soon to be 3) of our close friends make a commitment to love each other for the rest of their lives. We have gotten to see our families in Texas and Ohio more these past couple weeks than we have all year. We've witnessed my brother start to plan a future with his fiance, Holly. Sure, when we cram all these activities into a couple weeks it can get stressful, but really it's all in perspective. One of my prayers has been to find peace and rest in the busyness- not for God to take it away. The times that I get caught up in my little world is when things get busy. I grab a hold of anything that I can have control on, and when another "activity" comes up, I break. Instead of grasping for control, my prayer has been that I would trust God- that He hasn't given me more than I can handle, and that He wants to use me through all of our busy weekends. Let's just say its a learning process. So, one that note, these past couple weekends we were in Ohio for Kylie's bachelorette party/ wedding shower, been to Cleveland to hang out with Dan's family, and been in Indiana for my brother's engagement party! Here's some pics :) Jon and Holly! The fam :) At Kylie's Bachelorette party! Kylie opening gifts! Me with the soon to be bride!! :) Jeff is SO nice and signs autographs for everyone! Dan and Michael at Jeff's Game!

0 comments:

Post a Comment