2.06.2017

Some January Updates

This is the first year in a while that I'm not committing to a 365 photo challenge.  I have LOVED doing them in the past, but I also know myself and this year is going to be a busy one.  With our trip to China and adjusting to a family of 5, I didn't want to put pressure on myself to complete another one.  However, I still want to be intentional about picking up my camera a couple times a week.  Thankfully through some photography classes I've taken I've been able to get a feel for indoor light which is VERY helpful in January where we basically go outside never.  We did manage to go on a very short lived walk one day but Cole wasn't super steady on his feet in the uneven pavement (and doesn't quite understand the concept of staying on the sidewalk...) so I ended up carrying him while Jake complained half way through that he needed to go to the bathroom.  So we've been inside much more drawing pictures and jumping on our little trampoline to burn off some pent up boy energy! lol

So, aside from our occasional trips to the library and taking Jake to preschool we spend a lot of time at home hanging out.  I am so thankful we have a little downstairs toy room because the change of scene this time of the year is nice.  Last year photography season was a whole new, busy experience for me, so I actually am enjoying the quietness of this time of the year with the boys with not much on my to do list but laundry, dishes, and finishing up adoption paperwork.  I'm sure I'll start to get an itch in March for something new- and thankfully that is probably when we will go to China to pick up our little guy so we will have LOTS of change happening then!  You can see below in the photos that we had some sweet neighbors basically give us their practically new Land of Nod crib.  How generous are they?!  There have been SO many people who have helped us out in so many ways.  God has completely provided over and over again for this adoption and it is so humbling to have a front seat in watching Him make it come together.  Now we can't wait to get him here :)


























0 comments:

Post a Comment