10.28.2011

Gaining Strength

About two weeks ago I was running around like a crazy person.  After just getting home from a weekend away, I came face to face with a midterm that I was so not prepared to take, a dirty apartment, lots of ironing and laundry, and no plans of what we were going to eat that week.  Naturally, I got in "Stef mode" and was go go for the next three days.

Then, as God always does, I was in Bible study and we were talking about Isaiah 30 and this verse obviously stuck out:

"... in quietness and in trust shall be your strength."
Isaiah 30:15
via
It was like immediate conviction.  My strength was not coming from God, my strength was coming from myself- and I was wondering why I was going crazy.

Quietness.

Trust.

That is where I get my strength from.  Quietness before Him- asking Him for stength, seeking His priorities for the day.  Trust in Him- trusting Him that I will get done everything I "need" done and trusting that His grace will be sufficient for me. 

Busy seasons are times of testing for me.  It's like God is asking me "Ok Stef, here we go again.  The pressure is on.  You have a lot to get done.  Are you going to go into control mode.. or are you going to let go and let me guide you?"  I'm hoping to try the quietness and trust method next time for my strength :)

Happy Friday!!  (we're home this weekend- yay!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment